Tuesday, February 24, 2015

First Love and/or Heartbreak featuring Andrew Grey

      My first love was a very weird situation.  I had moved around for a number of years and never really had time to date.  I was also deeply closeted and afraid of losing my job if I came out as gay.  But I was in my late twenties when I met Mike.  He was a nice man, kind, and as closeted as I was.  He worked in one of those large home improvement stores that sold everything from bolts to patio furniture.   Mike and I met and we cooked together, watched movies, gabbed, and had some amazing fun.  But it didn’t take me long to realize that he and I were in very different places in our lives and the fact that we never left his apartment together was the first clue.  As I said, we were both closeted, but at that time I was beginning to come to the realization that I wanted more.  I had told my parents and some close friends about myself and was slowly stepping away from my closed off life.  Mike wasn’t willing to do that with me.  He and I had about three months of heady wonder together where my heart raced and I looked forward to every touch and hung on every word.   It was an incredible time in my life and I look back on it with such fondness.
      Unfortunately things end and my time with Mike faded away.  There wasn’t some grand breakup or fight, just a quiet realization by both of us that he and I wanted and needed different things.  It was very sad because I missed the heady days of excitement.  But then, things changed.  I met Dominic through friends… at a dinner party and the heady excitement of first love faded in comparison to the sheer amazement and incredible depth of feeling that entered my life.  I write Romance and I love it because I had my own great romance and it wasn’t with Mike.   So while Mike was my first love, that relationship had to run its course so I could meet Dominic, the love of my life. 
________

      Andrew grew up in western Michigan with a father who loved to tell stories and a mother who loved to read them. Since then he has lived throughout the country and traveled throughout the world. He has a master’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and now writes full time.
      Andrew’s hobbies include collecting antiques, gardening, and leaving his dirty dishes anywhere but in the sink (particularly when writing)  He considers himself blessed with an accepting family, fantastic friends, and the world’s most supportive and loving partner. Andrew currently lives in beautiful, historic Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

Reach Andrew at
Web site:  www.andrewgrey.com
Twitter:  @andrewgreybooks
Email:  andrewgrey@combast.net

 

No comments:

Post a Comment